Snowflake – A unique Cloud Data Solution
Snowflake is a true SaaS Data Cloud offering, rapidly gaining market share across industries. Snowflake enables data storage, processing, and analytic solutions that are faster, easier to use, and far more flexible than traditional offerings. We believe that Snowflake will achieve significant growth in the market and help make businesses stronger due to its unique features.Snowflake is a true SaaS Data Cloud offering, rapidly gaining market share across industries. Snowflake enables data storage, processing, and analytic solutions that are faster, easier to use, and far more flexible than traditional offerings. We believe that Snowflake will achieve significant growth in the market and help make businesses stronger due to its unique features.
- Unique architecture with the key layers – Database Storage; Compute and Cloud Services.
- Scalability, Reliability,and Accessibility being born and deployed as a Cloud Data Store solution.
- Support for Structured and semi-structured data.
- Supported across AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Performance, Speed and Seamless Data Sharing.
- Ease of Use – Fully automated, Administration, Performance Tuning, Partitioning not needed.
- Supports a wide range of ELT/ETL tools and BI & Analytics Tools.
- Optimized cost - customers charged for storage & per use on demand; Auto Suspend ability.
- Encryption and Security.
Partnership with Snowflake
IBIL Global has established a strategic relationship with Snowflake to help our customers migrate to Snowflake and transform their business. IBIL Global is a Registered Partner to Snowflake.
IBIL Global Snowflake Practice Team
- Our Snowflake practice is headed by a seasoned industry veteran who has SnowPro Core Certification and has 27 years of experience with data warehousing and analytics with specifically over 5 years of experience in providing Snowflake services on many complex Snowflake related projects to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our practice team members have an average of 20 years of data warehousing and analytics experience on several DW/BI platforms and ETL tools
- We have Snowflake trained and SnowPro Core Certified resources. Additional resources are actively under training for SnowPro Core Certification.
Supported by IBIL’s Data Services Team
Our Snowflake team is supported by larger Data Services team with wide range of experience in the following technology areas.
- OETL/ELT Tools – Ab Initio, Azure Data Factory, Informatica, Talend, DataStage, Kafka, Pentaho.
- BI & Analytics – Microstrategy, Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, Pentaho, Adobe, Oracle.
- Database – Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata, Hadoop, MySQL, MongoDB.
Services Offered for Migration to Snowflake
- Migration Readiness Assessment.
- Migration Planning.
- Convert Source SQL Objects and Code to Snowflake.
- Data Modeling in Snowflake.
- Snowflake Environment Configuration.
- Data Migration to Snowflake leveraging ETL/ELT Tools.
- Data Integration Job Scheduling and Orchestration.
IBIL Global’s Key Capabilities to accelerate migration to Snowflake
- SQL Code Converter – Automation tool to convert source Data Objects. DDLs & DMLs to Snowflake environment in a large scale with post-conversion reports. Developed with a I/O Mapping Dictionary and Conversion Rules Engine in the back-end.
- Data Bulk Copy Accelerator – Automated tool for mass data copy from on-premise source Data Objects to Snowflake environment leveraging Snowflake COPY command in a fast pace. Utilized for migrating large amount of historical data with scheduler for decided migration windows.
- Automated Data Copy Validator – Utilized after data load is done in Snowflake environment. Automated tool to download loaded data and compare with source data extract and ensure quality and integrity of data.
- Data Integration Automation and Orchestration Jobs Framework – Automated Platform to configure large number of source data feed on an on-going basis to Snowflake environment. Parameterized Master job with ability to quickly generate as many Child jobs as needed for data load, job scheduling and orchestration for on-going data feed.
These platforms in various stages of development and are evolving based on our customer needs. These capabilities enable IBIL Global to help our customers reduce their Snowflake adoption cost by 30% to 40% and also achieve a significant reduction in time-to-value.
Customer Story – Snowflake Implementation
Non-Profit in the Twin Cities wanted to implement a Data Warehouse and Analytics solution to be able to consolidate data from hundreds of colleges and institutions in order to perform analytics to identify students who were at the most risk of dropping out of college, so timely coaching and intervention conversations could be made with the student in order to assist and aid the student in staying in college.
As data would be coming from hundreds of sources from many different ERPs and college management systems, the challenge was to develop a robust solution that would provide scalability at the same time provide high performance and high accuracy, with ease of management of existing and new colleges that would be on-boarded. Additionally, the non-profit forecasted thousands of colleges would need to be on-boarded in the future, so the solution had to be “future-proofed”.
IBIL offered a solution to implement Snowflake Data Lake in a greenfield environment configuration, along with an ELT tool (Talend) to load data from hundreds of sources into Snowflake and developed Power BI analytics and integration of analytics results into the client CRM (SalesForce).
For additional information about our Snowflake Migration services and other offerings please contact [email protected]